Fish, carrot and Broccoli in white sauce
- ¼ cup diced carrot
- ¼ cup Broccoli
- 2stalks finely chopped celery
- 5 cloves garlic
- ½ cup diced boneless fish/ Veggies can use paneer, Tofu or Mushroom
- 1 tsp melted butter
- 2tsp olive oil
- 2tsp maida/ all purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1tsp dry Italian herbs
- salt to taste
- Marinate the fish in garlic paste, 1/2tsp herbs and salt for 15-20minutes
- Take butter and oil in a pan. Sauté the marinate fish in the hot oil.
- After 3minutes add the broccoli, celery and carrot and sauté for 3-4minutes. Check salt and add if required. Add the rest of the herbs.
- Sprinkle the maida/ all purpose flour and mix gently.
- Add milk and bring it to boil. When the milk boils and sauce is thick, it is ready.
Italian Herb Bread
- 2 1/2 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 Cup wheat flour
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 1 teaspoon active dried yeast
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 ½ teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon Dry Italian mixed herbs
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in the warm water and let stand five minutes or until it foams. Now add the salt and mix with the flour Knead dough on a floured surface until smooth, add butter and knead for 8-10 minutes.
2.Place bread dough in greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover and let rise until double, 1 hour.
3.Knock down dough and add the mixed dry Italian herbs and make them into 4 equal long bread and place them on a well-greased and dusted cookie pan next to each other. Leave some space in between since it will raise and increase in size.
4.Cover with a damp tea towel and let rise until doubled, 45 minutes to an hour.
5.Dip a tissue in some milk and lightly run over the rolls or you could also make a egg and milk mixture and run over the bread.
- Bake at 200 C for 20-30 minutes, until the bread is deep golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped with fingers.
6.Remove from cookie sheet and let cool.
7.Gently rub some butter over the bread rolls.
Tips to follow:
1.Yeast must be alive ie must show signs of foaming within 5 minutes else throw away and buy new yeast.
2.Use luke warm water else it will kill the yeast.
3.Important to add sugar to yeast to activate it.
4.Oven must be pre heated before bread goes in.
5.Be patient for 1st rise….very important..
6.Enjoy your bread making process…
- 2 egg whites
- 4 pods garlic
- Juice of ½ lime
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup light oil (sunflower/vegetable) do not use heavy oil like olive or gingelly oil.
- In a food processor crush the garlic.
- Add the salt lime juice and whisk again
- Add the egg whites and whisk for 2minutes, gently keep adding the oil like a string and keep blending.
- Dip is ready, for thicker consistency keep it in the refrigerator for some time.