- 2 1/2 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 Cup wheat flour
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 1 teaspoon active dried yeast
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 ½ teaspoons butter
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in the warm water and let stand five minutes or until it foams. Now add the salt and mix with the flour Knead dough on a floured surface until smooth, add butter and knead for 8-10 minutes.
- Place bread dough in greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover and let rise until double, 1
- Knock down dough, make 4 equal long bread and place them on a well-greased and dusted cookie pan next to each other. Leave some space in between since it will raise and increase in size.
- Cover with a damp tea towel and let rise until doubled, 45 minutes to an hour.
- Dip a tissue in some milk and lightly run over the rolls or you could also make a egg and milk mixture and run over the bread.
- Bake at 200 C for 20-30 minutes, until the bread is deep golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped with fingers.
- Remove from cookie sheet and let cool.
- Gently rub some butter over the bread rolls.
Tips to follow:
- Yeast must be alive it must show signs of foaming within 5 minutes else throw away and buy new yeast.
- Use Luke warm water else it will kill the yeast.
- Important to add sugar to yeast to activate it.
- Oven must be pre heated before bread goes in.
- Be patient for 1st rise….very important..
- Enjoy your bread making process…