“Forbidden” not any more. I only use to look at this dish and think when I am going to cook it.
Thanks to Mr. NSK for introducing me to this forbidden ingredient. I loved it when I had it at Prems Graama Bhojanam.
Thank you to Sumita for looking at my blog and suggesting that I could buy this rice from Spirit of Earth.
I bought three varieties of rice and used two of them. Will share the black rice pudding recipe here:
1) I cup black rice, soaked overnight
2) 3 cups of water, including the water that was used to soak the rice.
3) 3 cups coconut milk
4) plan sugar/ Jaggery/ white sugar as per taste.
5) fresh mango and almond slivers (optional) to garnish.
1) Cook the black rice in cooker for 8-10 Whistles.
2) when the pressure is released open the cooker and check if the rice is cooked well.
3) If cooked well, mash it a little and add sugar/ Jaggery/ palm sugar and keep on low flame and keep stirring.
4) Add 2 cups of coconut milk and keep stirring till the rice and coconut milk blend well.
5) Remove from fire, leave to cool. Garnish with mango ( since I did not have mango I used gauva) pour some more coconut milk while serving.
This dish can be a breakfast or a dessert.