Stuffed squid- Goan Style.
- 6 Medium Size squid
- 3-4Tbsp of oil
- 2 Large onions finely chopped
- 1 large potato finely chopped
- 1-2 kokam finely chopped
- 2tsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 large tomatoes finely chopped
- 1tsp turmeric powder
- 2-3tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp garam masala powder
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves to season
- Toothpick for sealing the mouth of the squid
- Clean the squid
- In a Large pan, take oil, when the oil is hot add the onion, ginger and garlic paste and fry till the onion turn lights brown in color. Add the finely chopped potatoes and the finely chopped tenticle’s of the squid, add water if required and cook till the potatoes are soft. Add the turmeric powder, chili powder, tomatoes and salt and cook till the tomatoes are soft and cooked. Add the finely chopped kokam and Garam Masala and cook till the stuffing is all blended and ready, season with Coriander leaves. Cool the mixture.
- When the stuffing mixture is nice and cool, take a squid fill it with the mixture and seal the mouth with a toothpick. Continue this with every squid.
- Take 1-2tbsp of oil in a pressure cooker, when the oil is hot place the squids in the pressure cooker, sprinkle some water and pressure cook for 7-8 whisltes. Open the pressure cooker when all the pressure is realized. Dry the remaining sauce in the cooker by cooking it on high flame in the same cooker or move it to a non-stick pan. Cook till all water is evoprated.