Hummus and Tahini recipe
200g chickpeas (Chole white Channa)
2 tbsp Lemon Juice
2 Garlic clove
2tbsp Tahini paste
4 -5 tbsp water
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp chili /paprika powder
I made my own Tahini with
2tbsp white sesame/til
1tbsp sesame/olive oil
2tbsp warm water
Grind all the above ingredients for the tahini paste.
Method to make hummus
1) Soak the Chickpeas (White channa) for 7-8hrs
2) Pressure-cook the Chickpeas till soft.
3) When the chickpeas cools, separate the chickpeas from the water.
4) In a food processor/ mixer grind the chickpeas and garlic with 4 -5tbsp of the water that was used to cook the chickpeas (you may add more water according to the consistency that you may require)
5) To the chickpeas and garlic paste add lemon juice and Tahini paste and mix well.
6) Garnish with Extra virgin olive oil and chili/paprika powder.