Garlic Pull-Apart Rolls
Makes 8 mini rolls
Plain Flour – 1 Cup
Wheat Flour – ½ cup
Warm Water- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp
Yeast – 1/2 tbsp
Salt – 1tsp
Sugar – 1 tbsp
Olive Oil – 1 tbsp + 1 tsp
For Garlic Spread:
Salted butter, at room temperature – 6 tbsp
Minced garlic – 2 tbsp
Chopped coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
How to Make Eggless Garlic Pull Apart Rolls
1. Mix flour, yeast, warm water, salt and sugar together until you get a smooth, slightly stick dough.
2. Add oil to your fingertips and knead until the dough springs back when you press with your fingers – about 4-5 mins.
3. Wrap in cling film and allow to double by keeping in a warm place for about 45 mins. Meanwhile, make the garlic spread by simpy mixing all the ingredients.
4. Grease a baking pan or loaf tin with olive oil. I used my Pyrex loaf pan which was the perfect size for 8 mini garlic rolls.
5. Knock down the air in the dough and divide the dough into two equal portions.
6. Transfer one portion of the dough to a floured surface and roll gently into a rough rectangle of 1/2″ thickness. Apply more flour sparingly if sticky.
7. Spread about 2 tbsp of garlic spread on one side.
8. Roll from one end gently and firmly.
9. Cut into half and then each half again into two halves to get 4 equal portions.
10. Now place the rolls with the cut side up in the greased pan.
Repeat the same procedure for the remaining dough.
11. Spread a little milk on the rolls and add the remaining garlic spread on top. I am sure sesame seeds as Su has added will make the flavour even better .
12. Allow to rise for another 20 minutes. In the mean time preheat the oven to 180C / 375F.
13. Bake for about 30 mins until the top is golden brown. My Pyrex glass pan usually takes longer to bake in, so mine took about 35 mins to bake just right.
1. The amount of water depends on the type of flour you are using. Use your judgment to get a slightly sticky dough that behaves when you apply oil.
2. The amount of yeast can be reduced if you don’t like the flavour of yeast too much in your breads. You can add just 1 tsp and let it double over a couple of hours, slowly.